Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, October 9, 2015

{day 9} Whispers of the Heart :: five minute friday - trust

... ... .. . .... .. . ...... .. .. . ... . ... ... . .. . . . . .
Trust.
That one word; so easy to say and so hard to do.

You know what I'm talking about.

How many times do we say aloud  - Yes! yes, I trust you... Lord!

To others we say - we trust them.
But, if for one lapse moment - it seems a fail.

And that trust has been either broken or waylaid.   It's hard to bring it back up.

While taking some time to think over this word-prompt... I turned to Scripture.  And, while not really settling on just one verse to mull over, I was struck, rather,  with the thought that in holding the word TRUST before me ... no matter where I read, I was reading and, at the same time, noticing... trust needs to be a part of our daily lives... no matter what.  Scripture is full of examples that centers around this topic of trust.  It's everywhere, in God's Word!
God is sovereign.  He is ultimately in control of everything.  Everything is in His hands!!
If we truly believe in God and will to take him at his word.  We must walk out our steps (of life) with a trust that hangs on for dear life.

Oh, we can be safe on this ride.
No doubt about that.

We have a hand to hold...
He will keep us from stumbling...
Our footsteps can be sure.

We can trust in his word and in his word alone.

Oh Lord Jesus... thank you - thank you - thank you - that you can be trusted.  Trust is a big deal.  Again, it's something I say flippantly - but, when the rubber meets the road.. do I really?  I want to trust you.  More than I do.  More than I have.
This road of life isn't easy.  
People fail me. 
 Interrupt.  
Confuse.  
But...you, oh Lord, you will never fail.  You are patient.  You affirm.  
I want to cling to you...
Walk steadfast in your footprints..
Follow long with a willing step.
You're word is truth.  I can stand on your promises - each and every one...


How about you?  Is trust an easy one for you?  Where do you turn in Scripture for help when the trusting is hard to do?

****
Thank you, for joining with me in my 31 days of Five Minute Friday free writes.  I will be updating this home page daily so that you will not miss an entry.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words. So glad I am your FMF neighbor. Psalm 118:24: This is the day that the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. My reminder that God isn't surprised by anything and He is in each moment with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how the timing of this was right on for me today.. Just today, I caught someone super, super close to me telling an un-truth... Has for years, and I actually was at the point of thinking I could TRUST that person again.. Lies told to because his EGO is so big and has been for the last few years... I have often said that he needs to Take this to the Lord, he agrees, but over and over it repeats its ugly head.. But in this moment and I mean instant moment, I heard a little voice as I type and the words I heard was this... Don't be angry because you (me) haven't truly trusted me to fix this(him)... All I want is for people to be Honest, and with that comes, grows Trust... and truly I have been told that I am too honest and trustworthy.. well, when I was a little girl, I lied once and got caught and I saw the pain I created in my parents eyes and the trouble I was in was enough to change that in my mind... This issue of late in my life, wallops me because that same very person gets angry with me because I have very little trust left in him.. Go figure... I already know what I should do daily, but I let life get in the way of spending time with the Lord so I guess that makes me not trust him enough.. OH BOY.. such a wake up moment as I type... So please pray for me and him that both these issues will become better with GOD's help... Thanks in advance...

    p.s. Bevy, this is why you write... God is working thru you... Thank you dear friend... I am always an email away... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...