. ... .. .. ... .. .. ... .. ... ... .... . .. .... . .. ..
It's what is happening around here, today!
I'm enjoying the company of my Mom helping out, as well. She volunteered!, which makes it even better. ;)
(I thank God, she did!)
And wow! it sure does smell good.
Nothing quite like apples being turned into sauce.
Five baskets and 57 1/2 quarts later..
Nothing quite like apples being turned into sauce.
Five baskets and 57 1/2 quarts later..
***

Enjoy your day! I always have such fun when my mom and I are in the kitchen together.
ReplyDeleteIt was a really good day!! I like my kitchen - you know - but my mom can dance circles around me. I'm always learning something new - and yet, today... she learned something new from me. So - it is definitely fun working alongside my mom - every now and again.
DeleteThanks for stopping by!
There's nothing quite like homemade applesauce, is there? What a blessing to have your mom close enough to help out. I have 60 pounds of fresh picked apples waiting...:)
ReplyDeleteHello Emily - nice hearing from you!!
DeleteI hope this means you won't be doing these all yourself..?
Love homemade applesauce! I freeze mine and I actually still have some left from last year. But I hope to make a new batch too.
ReplyDeleteLove your photo and I hope it's ok if I use it on my desktop background?
Hope you had a wonderful day with your Mom!
paste away... (smile) that is fun. My photo as your desktop background. Enjoy!!
DeleteI like freezer sauce - but truthfully - I have no extra freezer space as we'll be butchering in the near future. ;)
Yummy,,,, sounds like you had a wonderful day... Is your apple butter made in the crock pot? I normally make 1800's Baked Apple Butter... I like it all.... especially the one made with Red Hots...
ReplyDeletehave a great evening...
Connie - I thought about making apple butter... but no, I/we only made applesauce. I would love to hear your recipe for how you make your apple butter.
DeleteAnd, I'm assuming Red Hots are a type of apple?
Bevy, I will send an email with a couple recipes for apple butter... both are good... I really like the baked one, but the crock pot one is good too... and Red Hots are candy, that have a cinnamon flavor, but not hot that you add to the crock pot recipe... It may take me a day or so, but I will send them... hugs always...
DeleteThat's a lot of applesauce, and a lot of work. But you and your family will be so rewarded this winter when you are enjoying it!
ReplyDelete