.. .. . .. .. ... .. . ... . .. .. .. .. . . . . .. . .. . . ..
Everytime I serve these Toffee Bars there is a request for the recipe. I know why, too. They are so yummy. A soft and chewy toffee center, smack dab in the middle of a delectable shortbread cookie crust and a chocolate coating on top.
Very simple to make, as well.
TOFFEE BARS
1/2 cup butter, plus 2 Tablespoons
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup flour
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla
Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet are best!)
In a mixing bowl, beat 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), sugar and salt. Stir in flour, mix. (Actually, I just cut the butter into the flour - to make coarse crumbs.. do this!! You'll love the flaky texture.) Remove and press into a (lightly greased) 9x13" or 7"x11" baking pan. Bake at 350* for 15 minutes or until edges are browned. NOTE: If you have a pampered chef bar pan (medium/small, 7'x11" size), you'll want to use this. It makes these bars so awesome!!!!!!!!!!
In a saucepan, heat milk and 2 T. butter, just till bubbly. Stir in 2 tsp. vanilla. Pour over hot crust and return to oven for another 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle (a handful or your preference) chocolate chips over the top. Let the chips "melt" nicely before spreading over the bars.
**These can be stored in the fridge or freezer.
***
One of my favorite bar cookies to add to the tray - for the Holiday's!

Tremendously excited to try these. Thanks for sharing, Bev!
ReplyDeleteThose are delicious looking. Company's coming and I'll be making these! Thank you for sharing them!
ReplyDeleteLadies...You're welcome!! I just updated this post with a suggestion for what kind of pan to use. Please check it out!
DeleteThese look wonderful! Can't wait to try them :)
ReplyDelete