. .. ... .... .. ... ... . ... . .. ... .. .. .. ... . .. .. . ... ..
This apple looks pretty impressive, doesn't it? Granted... the photo of this (currently) nice looking apple is apple number two... and thankfully it WAS okay on the inside. Imagine my surprise when cutting open, my original apple, one morning, while preparing my kiddo's school lunches. It was rotten!! Rotten to the core.
I was so glad I grabbed a photo...of it, just for this topic today.
I was so glad I grabbed a photo...of it, just for this topic today.
Beware of your influence!!
An interesting title I'm sure... and one that can be taken both ways. Who are we influenced by and who are we influencing? Its tempting to look good on the outside and perhaps it can be done for awhile... but, we all know what is on the inside is what eventually comes out. It wasn't going to take long for this said "good" apple to present its true ugliness of heart. I honestly thought it was going to be an AMAZING, crunchy, good and sweet treat for my kiddos. Again, I'm glad the second one was!! I will also admit here...I wasn't so trusting of the second apple. I was "SURE" that it, too, would show up to be a bad apple... isn't that what happens? It only takes one to ruin the whole basket? I don't know about you... but this gave me pause.
How am I as a Woman of Influence?
(that is a big deal!)
And, WHO are my Influencers?
(which is an even greater BIG deal!!)
There are so many analogies and things that could be read between the lines in this post, today, but I'll leave that up to you. I only trust I am making you think. Be aware...
Influence is a real thing.
****
Joining up with Five Minute Friday - writing community (from last Friday!) - when the prompt word was: influence.

An interesting title I'm sure... and one that can be taken both ways. Who are we influenced by and who are we influencing? Its tempting to look good on the outside and perhaps it can be done for awhile... but, we all know what is on the inside is what eventually comes out. It wasn't going to take long for this said "good" apple to present its true ugliness of heart. I honestly thought it was going to be an AMAZING, crunchy, good and sweet treat for my kiddos. Again, I'm glad the second one was!! I will also admit here...I wasn't so trusting of the second apple. I was "SURE" that it, too, would show up to be a bad apple... isn't that what happens? It only takes one to ruin the whole basket? I don't know about you... but this gave me pause.
How am I as a Woman of Influence?
(that is a big deal!)
And, WHO are my Influencers?
(which is an even greater BIG deal!!)
There are so many analogies and things that could be read between the lines in this post, today, but I'll leave that up to you. I only trust I am making you think. Be aware...
Influence is a real thing.
| In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. ~ Matthew 5:16, ESV |
****
Joining up with Five Minute Friday - writing community (from last Friday!) - when the prompt word was: influence.


Bevy, I loved this from your post Its tempting to look good on the outside and perhaps it can be done for awhile... but, we all know what is on the inside is what eventually comes out. It wasn't going to take long for this said "good" apple to present its true ugliness of heart. So many times I have witnessed this.. thinking someone is of good quality or good intentions but only to find out so wrong. Such a good reminder of where focus should be. Great post today.. XO
ReplyDeleteI love you, Connie. Thank you for your faithful reading and constant encouragement. You, my friend, are such a blessing to me - I hope you know and feel that from me, just the same!!
DeleteNever worry Bevy, God brought us together and I feel the same. I do miss your posts of your Saturday Breakfast posts with the ladies.. hint, hint.. so much inspiration in them.. Love, Connie
DeleteYou remind me of myself. I am always grabbing my phone to take photos thinking they might turn into a blog post later. Love the way you ALMOST let one bad apple spoil the whole bunch, but then you shared it with all of us. Bet you are glad you sliced it instead of handing it to them whole to bite into! Thanks for sharing! FMF #70 this week.
ReplyDeleteWhat a grand comparison. Fruit for thought so to speak.
ReplyDeleteBlessings upon you and yours,
Kimmie ❤
Mama to 8
One Homemade and 7 Adopted
You never know for sure who you influence! It might be someone in passing, neighbor or someone we don't know very well. But they see something in you that they liked.
ReplyDeleteAnd don't forget the "Littles" . They watch every move we make.
I think we influence more people then we know. So, yes, beware!