. .. ... ... . .. .... .... .. .. .. ... .... .... .... .. .. . .
Here we are, a few days in 2019 and I have yet to share my word of the year with you!!
Funny. I haven't always taken hold of a word so surely as I have been the past year and now for this one. If you have been reading here - you may remember my word last year was GROW or Growth!
This year... along the same lines is that I want to keep growing... but the word that comes to mind is
STRONG!
However. In order to grow STRONG - one needs courage.
COURAGE is another word that keeps coming to my heart and mind.
I'll take them both!!
Be Strong and Courageous.
I cling to the verses from Joshua chapter 1 starting loosely in verse 3 and continuing through verse 9.
Not wanting to take Scripture out of context, in the least. I do, however, see these verses as a message of encouragement to myself as a leader of team. A business builder. A woman of influence. As a wife. A mother. A friend.
(I encourage you to open your Bible and read these verses for yourself. Perhaps you will reap the encouragement for you - as well.)
I feel such hope. Such encouragement. Such confidence - from our Lord... that HE will be with just as he has promised. They say that things that cause fear to rise up in you are really what is your calling.
I believe that.
There are things that I get white-knuckled about, have fear for and the knees begin a-knocking. While I want to be and do - all these things... there is something that still holds me back.
There are things that I get white-knuckled about, have fear for and the knees begin a-knocking. While I want to be and do - all these things... there is something that still holds me back.
I want to have faith for this.
A faith that is unwavering. My heart cries...
Lord! Let me faith be marked by these three things.
1. A quiet spirit (no questions asked!)
2. A gentle spirit (no details needed)
3. A sweet submissiveness (no struggling against the unknowns)
** found these "marks" in a book somewhere a long time ago and have had them written in the sideline margins of my Bible ever since. So, I can't give credit, here. My apologies.
I believe, Lord. Forgive my unbelief. Help me... Slow down and take the time to grow - STRONG!!
Wrangling the courage to go through it and emerge. Trusting the process.
***
Look out 2019!!

I too want to be Strong and Courageous.. I so see you growing with both of these.. I love the verses your shared and I will be jotting some of this post down for a source of reminding and reflecting. Keep writing when ya can, its inspiring for sure. xp
ReplyDeleteoh dear friend... was thinking of you - as I was writing this, too! How ironic. Love that you still visit here... you always make my day!! miss you, friend.
DeleteAh, yes. Look out 2019! Bevy is going to be more deep, more sweet, and complete.
ReplyDeleteSo good. Blessings for 2019 as you grow stronger and closer to our loving God.
ReplyDeleteI wanted a word for this year so I went on dayspring.com and took their quiz. The word I got was "Courage." It goes along with yours. I want to be more courageous in speaking to others of my Lord and Savior. I want the courage to tell others of His marvelous love and sacrifice. Thanks for this post, Bevy. I pray we both grow strong and courageous this year.
ReplyDelete