Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, March 1, 2019

fmf | search

. . ... .... .. . .. ... .. ... .. .. ... .. .. ...... . . . . .... .
Someone near and dear to me (and, I won't mention names) is on a quest...to actually hear GOD's voice.  They're discouraged and sad that it so far isn't or hasn't been an audible voice for them.  Whenever, we get to connect about it - we try to encourage but with futile words, because even ours won't readily be heard.  We say - "Sometimes, you have to be still (quiet!) and then you will know - God." (Psalm 46:10)

We remind.  "Look at answers, to prayers, you do have - though they've come circumstantially... - they're still answers."
Apparently, that isn't an audible voice; its not enough!

God's voice isn't always clear, is it?  We have his WORD, right, and, we need to pray and ask to have the eyes of our heart, opened, to see clearly.  I talk with my kiddo's quite often (in fact, AGAIN just this morning!) - about the fact that they need to look at me when I am talking to them.  That they will be able to hear me better when they keep their eyes fixed on my face.   Surprise!!!!!

Imagine - the connection that would happen!!!

Jeremiah 29:13
You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all of your heart. 

***

Joining with the Five Minute Friday Community today - today's word prompt is: search

search

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing such wise words on searching for God's voice. I hope your friend finds the answers he/she is seeking. I love what you said about your reminder to your children -- so true about keeping our eyes focused ON God. your fmf neighbor at #25 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming by, Patti. I always appreciate it. It is a daily prayer of my own... to keep my eyes on Jesus!!

      Delete
  2. I love the "look at me when I'm talking" parallel in life too. If I would sit down often enough to look at Him and really listen to His Word, I'm sure that light would be shed on many of life's perplexities.

    Your blog site is beautiful and very inviting, by the way.

    Fellow fmf blogger #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so much, Cindie. Thank you for stopping by to read!! I greatly appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Oh Bevy, such good writing here today.. "Be Still and Know I am God" Psalm 46:10 is a favorite here. This is good stuff. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!! Thank you for stopping by to read!! Much love to you -my friend!!!

      Delete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...