Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Friday, November 15, 2019

fmf | Stories

. .. . .... .. ... . ... ..... .... .. .. ... . ..... .... .. .. 

This thought of stories keeps coming to my mind and - you know - you know how a good story will often meet you where you're at... tear at the heart strings and make you really evaluate where you find yourself.  It allows you to step, for a moment, into the shoes of another and walk their road for a bit.  Never mind the unconsciously tightening up of your own shoelaces while you keep walking your own.

Stories do that.

But, as for the uncertainty part, or the unknown, it's real; it's heavy.  I find it truly amazing... how the titles do come later.

As for me.  There has been JOY in the journey.  Trusting the process to the LORD who is authoring the story of our lives.

**
Last evening, my team, had held an info meeting for our home-based business...and there literally were tears in every eye.  As we shared some powerful testimony's ... just to think... how the uncertainty was sooo very real and overwhelming, for these friends whose story we shared, and yet... looking back - they could be confident that the outcome was in God's hands completely, all along.  And now... look where they are?  Life- changing!!  Unbelievable.  Such and act of God to move..
While we "walked along" for a moment... and we have our own stories to share... we are grateful.  Grateful to God for authoring that story.  And.. for sustaining us all through the unknown.

Question is. 

Are you willing to be part of your own story?  Meaning: Owning your life... yet, trusting God, the author and the finisher of our/your faith to pen the details.

It's a captivating place.

***
I chose to follow along with Five Minute Friday link up, today.  Thanks for reading!!


3 comments:

  1. A very thought provoking post, Bevy. Being our own person and yet trusting God for the outcome. I've been thinking a lot lately about how if we truly believe that God is sovereign then it is necessary that we trust in Him for even the not so good things that come our way because those things draw us nigh unto Him (maybe even more so than the good things) in a way that the good things couldn't. It was good to come here this afternoon and read your thoughts. Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought, once, I was my own man
    and to me would be the glory,
    but this, it seems, was not God's plan,
    and I'm in another's story.
    All the things I would achieve
    were by cancer washed away,
    and there is no time to grieve;
    my wife now has her day.
    She has shown the strength and grace
    to work, when I could not,
    to climb into the highest place
    with wisdom born, not taught.
    I'm glad to have been stepped aside,
    for now, my heart doth burst with pride.

    #1 at FMF this week.

    https://blessed-are-the-pure-of-heart.blogspot.com/2019/11/your-dying-spouse-697-losses-fmf.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God for "sustaining us all through the unknown". Amen! (Now if some of us could only remember that through the tough stuff.) Thanks for your share. Stopping by via FMF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...