Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chewy Granola Bars

.. .. . . .. . . .. . ... 

~Chewy Granola Bars~

3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white Karo or honey (use honey, it's the best!)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix together until well blended.

3 cups quick oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut 
1/2 cup sunflower seeds or Pumpkin Seeds (got to add the green in there)
1/2 cup raisins (or other dried fruits, such as a Mixed Berry. I often just use Craisens.)
1/2 cup wheat germ (or oat bran flakes)
2 T. sesame seeds
1 cup chocolate chips, seen in photo (I prefer using white chocolate chips) -  
1/2 cup chopped nuts (use pecans or sliced almonds)
1 T. - 1/4 cup. flaxseed meal

Stir in.

Press mixture into greased 11" x 17" pan.  Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool completely.

Yields: 24 bars.

****
You can tell this recipe is very versatile.

This has been one of the best "pick-me-up" snacks for me, here of late... especially back while being pregnant and all, and, even now.  That is if the little ones will let me eat any of it.  They are ALWAYS begging me for more, for themselves. 

**I will be honest and tell you that my hubby says he likes THESE better.  Another granola bar recipe, but different.  I think each recipe is a swell runner up to the other.  So you decide....

5 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy to me! I make a chewy granola bar that the kids just love and honestly I can't leave alone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmm.....
    those look so good~

    i'm going to put those into my recipe file~
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delicious. I am always looking for something new to bake for my family and these look like a healthier alternative. I will definitely give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm just going to copy this recipe and try them. I've never been able to find a good granola bar recipe I like. It sounds like its a real winner with your family and is sure to score big with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe. Always looking for a good granola bar recipe. Will try this one next.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...