This has got to be our new favorite coffee cake!!
~Cherry Coffee Cake~
2 cups flour
(I used whole wheat flour, because that is what I had on hand - but I would probably not do that again. I'd do half all-purpose and half w.wheat.)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter
1 egg
Milk
1 (21-oz.) can of Cherry Pie Filling
Topping:
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
Glaze:
Powdered Sugar
Hot water
Mix together flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter. Break egg into 1 cup measuring cup and fill with milk;, beat. Add to flour mixture. Put in a 9x13 (greased lightly) baking pan. Spread pie filling on top.
Mix topping by cutting butter into flour and sugar, making crumbs. Sprinkle over top of pie filling. Bake at 375* for 30-35 minutes. Cool. Mix hot water and powdered sugar to desired consistancy...and drizzle over top.
**My Idea: I think next time I'm going to add a drop or two of Almond extract, either in the cake batter or the glaze. I'm not sure which.
** In fact. He begged & begged- please! Like I said, our new favorite...
I just made this cake for Scott to take into work today - to share with his co-workers!!

Oh, I bet his co-workers just love you! :)
ReplyDeleteDown on my knees here girl! Ya gettin' the hint! Mmmmmm, it looks marvelously delicious.
ReplyDeleteGod bless and have a terrific day sweetie!
Served with a cherry napkin.
ReplyDeleteHow charming!
what a perfectly sweet wife!
ReplyDeleteI love so much when you share recipes!
The photos do a pretty darn good job of making you almost, just almost feel like you are biting into it!
I like it when a you add the recipe with the picture. But what really makes is special, is when you add the story behind the recipe.
ReplyDelete