Over the weekend I had a hankering for something pumpkin... and although I LOVE my favorite Spiced Pumpkin Bread recipe... I was feeling the need for something different. I discovered this recipe in one of my "go-to" cookbooks and I think this one deserves coming back to, again and again.
I love all things Cream Cheese and anything Pumpkin - so this was a win win all around.
I will tell you this recipe makes a LARGE batch of cupcakes. Yield: 36 cupcakes Here goes...
~ Pumpkin Cream Cheese Cupcakes~
2 cups flour1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup walnuts, chopped fine (you'll really want to add these)
1 cup vegetable oil
Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Fill cupcake papers 2/3 full.
Filling:
2 (8 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese - semi soft
1 egg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Pinch of salt
1 cup of butterscotch chips.* (I didn't have any - so I used Cinnamon Chips. I loved it!!)
Combine and cream together cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt. Add the *chips by folding in. Drop 1 heaping teaspoon filling in each cupcake.
Bake at 350* for 25 minutes. Yield: 36 + cupcakes. I still had some left over from filling all 36 papers. So, I put the remainder into a microvable dish. I mic'd the dish for 5 minutes on high. It worked pretty good....
~~~~~~
But, one bite of these cupcakes - warm out of the oven - was like eating a slice of pumpkin pie. You really want to be sure you include the fine chopped nuts. It makes them so unique.
: : Scott (my husband) had a buddy come over to "redneck" his car... on Saturday, when I made these, and OF COURSE, we had to send a few along with Danny for he and his family's dinner later that evening. I doubt the cupcakes made it home... at least that's what he threatened, because I had given Danny - one fresh out of the oven and that was "all she wrote".
You know how that kind of thing goes with hungry guys...

Ooohh~~thanks for posting the recipe Bevy!! They look wonderful!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteOkay that is just not right you posting this. I must make them...I must! I love anything pumpkin and anything cream cheese!
ReplyDeleteWow, these look sooo yummy! I think I may have to add cream cheese to my shopping list today! ;)
ReplyDelete