... . ... .. .. ... .. .. ... ... .. ... .. .. .. .. ... .. .. .. ... .. .
Our family loves Baked Oatmeal. In fact. I make it nearly every Sunday morning - for breakfast. And, it's great warmed up as leftovers a couple of days later. My kids will pretty near fight over who will get the leftovers, if they're aren't enough for everyone to have a small bowl. It's that good!
So, obviously I've talked about this before. And, have even shared the recipe before. See this link!
So, obviously I've talked about this before. And, have even shared the recipe before. See this link!
3 cups quick oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 c. canola oil can be used, instead)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
**chopped nuts are optional
Mix all ingredients together and pour into an 8"x 8" baking dish. Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
***
So - how did I make this recipe any healthier? Here is what I did.
I exchanged the butter for coconut oil. BINGO!! Which.. I know... is probably something I should do more of and like as in - yesterday!! I hear all the time about coconut oil (In everything. For everything.) and yet... this was my first time of trying it out on my family. Honest confession.
I also added 2 tsp. ground flaxseed (could use - way more - per preference)
and, I definitely added the chopped nuts.
Half of my family likes blueberries with their oatmeal. So - I just added a few frozen berries to one side of the dish - and everyone was kept happy. :)
Now.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes their baked oatmeal this *new* way. So, that said... I would be interested in hearing of other ways you take this original recipe and kick it up a notch.
So - how did I make this recipe any healthier? Here is what I did.
I exchanged the butter for coconut oil. BINGO!! Which.. I know... is probably something I should do more of and like as in - yesterday!! I hear all the time about coconut oil (In everything. For everything.) and yet... this was my first time of trying it out on my family. Honest confession.
I also added 2 tsp. ground flaxseed (could use - way more - per preference)
and, I definitely added the chopped nuts.
Half of my family likes blueberries with their oatmeal. So - I just added a few frozen berries to one side of the dish - and everyone was kept happy. :)
Now.. I'm sure I'm not the only one who makes their baked oatmeal this *new* way. So, that said... I would be interested in hearing of other ways you take this original recipe and kick it up a notch.


Oh... coconut oil!
ReplyDeleteSmart!
Just made a batch today but next time, coconut oil!