. .. ... ... .... ... .. ... ... .. .. .. .. ... ... ..... .. . . ..
This has got to be one of my most favorite apple recipes to make in the fall. Several years ago, I made this dessert for my hubby to take into work, and when I got a phone call from one of his co-worker's, later that afternoon, asking me for the recipe, I was a little bit surprised! Then again, I shouldn't have been. It IS rather amazing, if I can say so myself.
And... because it is my hubby's favorite now, too, I make it pretty often this time of year. I promise you'll fall in love with this simple but decadent (rustic) dessert.
My sister asked me to bring something for dessert for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow, so of course I decided to make this one...for sure! I apologize - the lighting in my kitchen isn't so great!
~ Bevy's Bavarian Apple Tart ~
1 cup all-purpose flour (sometimes, I use half whole wheat flour)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cold butter
* Mix together with pastry cutter, or two knives, until crumbly. Press firmly onto bottom and up (1/2") sides of 8x12 baking dish.
12 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp. each of vanilla and (pure) almond flavorings
* Beat together, and spread carefully over pastry. Leave some of the crust showing. This can be tricky. I use a small icing spreader.
4 cups, peeled and thinly sliced apples (SOMETIME: You have got to try this recipe using Fresh chunked Peaches - Absolutely divine!!!)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* Combine and spread over cheese mixture.
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
* Spread over apples.
Bake at 425* for 10 minutes. Then reduce heat to 375* and continue baking for 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes then cut around the edge of pan with knife to loosen. Cut in squares. Great, served warm or cold!
:: Enjoy! Especially with a large scoop of vanilla ice cream, a hot cup of coffee and of course, your soul mate. It's great for a "FALLing-in-Love" sort of combination!! ;)
***
Have a Blessed Thanksgiving!

Oh my that sounds so delicious! I'll be trying this one!
ReplyDeleteThat just looks amazing!
ReplyDeletesandy toe
“Thanks, Bev. You are so sweet! [as was your delicious dessert!!!] I'll let you know how mine turns out....”
ReplyDeleteThanks to you both,
Lynne
Hi there Bev~
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would pop in to say hi. Hope you are keeping healthy and busy! =)
Your Apple dessert looks so YUM ... care to make it for me?
mmmmmm....this looks and sounds delicious!
ReplyDeletei just love fall apples......
That sounds amazing. And I have all the ingredients in the house. Hmm....
ReplyDeleteSounds and looks very yummy! I really like Bavarian foods so I will be giving this a try. I'll let you know how mine turns out. I actually have some apples in the crisper.
ReplyDelete