. .. .. .. ... ... .... ... .. ... . . ... .. . ... .. .... .. . ..
Being drawn outdoors, this morning, from looking out the kitchen window, I knew I wanted to capture the beauty that was quietly "landing"... and, I almost landed myself. On my backside. I didn't. Thank goodness. But, it was close. Icy back decks and bedroom slippers don't mix, too well. BUT.
In other ways... adventure isn't really that unless there is that step to the unknown and with it, there is a "falling" that takes place. It's the only way to really "take it all in" what just happened.
Think about it. Babies just don't wake up one day and start walking. There is a desire that is taking place, in their little hearts and minds, to learn to walk. They're watching. They're waiting... and as things progress...as they are growing... the desire and the will to try is growing and getting stronger. They start by assuming position. Their little knees are wobbly and shaking. They teeter, they tip...they plop. GUESS WHAT!??!! They get back up again. ** And, they have cheerleaders (a circle of Encouragers) along the way. Very important!!
Adventure awaits. Falling down is a repeated part of the process. The question is - are we ready and able to get back up again.
***
I'm not sure why all of this, this morning. It is just that "adventure" and "conditions" and "outcomes" are always par for the course. The process by which we all are in - whether we like it or not.
Here are instructions for life:
1. Pay attention
2. Be astonished
3. Tell about it
~as shared, by Mary Oliver
I do think of a verse in Scripture... Galatians 6:9... that reads.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a
harvest if we do not give up.
***
Here is to the rest of your week and that you will never lose the wonder of the season!!

Your choice of scripture in Galatians is one of my very favorite verses!
ReplyDelete