. .. ... .... . .. ... .. ... ... ... ... .. . .. .... . . ..
Talk about cultivating relationships - let's start with one way it gets played out at home. So, this has been (obviously) going on for awhile, now, but... it makes we wonder what "people" think (neighbors, etc.) - and yet, quite frankly, I don't care. We've been doing this sort of thing since each of our kiddo's first days of school.
It came to mind the other morning while waiting for the Big Yellow 29 - and I'm out on the porch with my son. He's twelve. It was cold. Like... r e a l l y COLD! outdoors - and I started to do what are something that resembled (ahem!) jumping jacks... just to try to keep warm. And.. this is what I hear.
"Mom! - YOU'RE EMBARRASSING ME!"
Really?!?!! I laughed a little. Thinking here he is - here we are. From day one of school mornings waiting for the bus... either I'm here or it's my hubby. Sometimes it is both of us. Often, just one. Mostly, just me.
Here's the thing. I'm pretty much 100% positive - while it may "LOOK LIKE" an overprotective parent hanging out - watching every little thing... that there are kids looking on from inside the bus - wishing it was their mamma who was the one who just took 5-7 minutes outdoors, with them.
It is really is a special time.
This is when - prayers get prayed. Hugs are given. A listening ear is offered. Maybe a verse or two from Scripture is shared. A song. A ditty...a laugh. A simple conversation. And... even a kiss on the forehead with that one last affirmation getting shared.
Yes!! It really is a special time. And... while that time may be fleeting. I'm still going to be there - as long as I'm able. I don't know that there are too many others who still choose or who are able to enjoy these types of moments with their growing kids.
I hope my kids will remember, these times. I truly hope they choose to cherish these memories as much as I do and will.
** These verses from Ephesians 3:17-19, are my prayer - for my three beautiful blessings!


Ohhhh.... bus stop waiting. I have so many memories, along with my kids (now adults).
ReplyDeleteYes, there will be wonderful memories, such as jumping jacks to keep warm, so funny!
Making memories is what it's all about. I'm in the season of looking back on these fond memories. Keep them coming!