Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Stay Awhile

. .. .... .. ... ... .. ... ..... .. .... .. .... ... ... . . ..

 Stay.   This has got to be one of my MOST favorite words...especially when in the company of a dear and favorite friend.  Either, I've said it often to my parents - as a youngster - when we would be the guests in someone's home.  I would literally beg.... "Can't we stay longer?"  Or, I would and sometimes, still find myself imploring a friend... to stay for just awhile longer - if they were over for just a simple cup of coffee and a chat.  Why change the moment and end it so soon?

Some of my favorite memories are when our kiddos were a lot younger and friends (whom we affectionately termed Fremily) would come over for, say, Sunday Lunch - after service - and we'd be having such a grand ole time; the kiddos playing so hard and the adults chatting it up or doing a project together, with several pots of coffee later.  It was like pulling teeth to separate and because this happened more than once I can safely say it was many a late night that the kids would crash out on the couches or on the floor.    

To me, this word Stay equates to a sense of belonging.  When your heart is "at home"...you want to just stay!!


....
Linking up with the Five Minute Friday (FMF) Community!!  This weeks write-up prompt:
stay

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more!
    And when I finished reading this post, I thought, I wish Bevy had STAY(ed) longer on her computer. Five minutes isn't long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh... You melt me. I love your thoughts on here.... wishing I had stayed longer on this post. That makes me feel so blessed. Xoxox

      Delete
  2. I knew this had to be a Five Minute post.. I have missed them.. Always love your words and inspiration. Hope you have a awesome evening.. XO sweet friend..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. I have missed them too... and that is why I'm slowly "coming back". Thank you for being one of my biggest fans/supporters - I don't know. My dearest friend and source of encouragement. I love you!!!

      Delete
  3. Awww, just such lovely sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...