Happy New Year, dear friends!
Thank you for swinging by and hanging out
with me for a moment or two...
Be Intentional. Such a great phrase. A great word... to build on. I have been pondering this one for awhile and it truly seems to be the "word" for me and for this year. I've struggled for many a day with a natural bent to letting life happen to me instead of me making my life happen... in the way it is intended.
Can anyone relate to this??
As a recent student in personal growth...I have noticed... I need to make a shift. I have realized that even by just saying or thinking the phrase out loud, but to myself... "Bevy, be intentional, here!", that there is truly a huge difference made. I know. I'm behind the eight-ball here - as we're nearly half way through the month, so it seems.... but, I truly aim to make this one count. Recently, I read some words from a friend of mine... who shared some thoughts that really hit home with what I've been trying to say.
Berlin says...
Nothing will change in our lives unless we take MASSIVE action to force ourselves to make our dreams come alive & start to move.
It's not doing things that will make your life shift, it's about becoming a new person that makes absolute certain things begin to change.
On our vision board is a quote that reads
"You are where you are because that's exactly where you chose to be"
It's been there for years, but this year, it hit me right in the chest...
If I don't like my life, it's because I have become a person who has created that very life I don't like.
And the truth is, the past few years, I haven't really liked me life (just being real)
But one thing I know is, It's all on me.
Every choice leading up to today, was a choice to be exactly where I am, to have exactly what I have, to be exactly who I am.
But that also means, right here, right now, the person I become this week... That is me choosing what my life looks like for the years to come!
Make the choice.
Make the shift.
Make the change.
Choose to be the master of your own life.
And, I add. BE INTENTIONAL!
So, for me. A couple of ways that I plan to be in focus about are in these few areas:
- How I start and end my day. This includes reading God's Word and having quiet time with HIM...
- My commitment level to hearts and home - which include my friends and family
- Who I choose to surround myself with.
- What I read, who I listen to and where I engage - with my time and talents.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...