Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

HOWDY......AGAIN

Hey!!!!! Well what do ya know.....We made two months in a row! (I'm a poet, and didn't even know it (HAHA)). It is time for those monthly mentions by Bevy's others' half. It is the Scott's Second Sayings, where once again, I get to amuse my thoughts in "blog" format.



What a month it has been. We have been really enjoying God's grace and mercy every day. I do not believe Bevy posted any thing about my health; however, the last several weeks (better part of a month and half) I have not been feeling well. With my symptoms and pain (testicular); especially, with my family history, the doctors were concerned about cancer. This definitely did not come as desired news, not to mention on the heals of my fathers passing due to cancer. Of course there is the time between, diagnosis and testing that can seem to take forever. It was a very humbling/reflecting time. The conversations and debates of "what if".

However, this is not the case. The results we received, Friday a week ago, show no growths, or abnormalities, so thus cancer is ruled out. While I still have pain and discomfort, I must confess it makes the pain a little more bearable. One thing the test did reflect is lack or lower amount of circulation. So in the future I have an appointment with an Urologist. This is on a side, that about 20 years ago, I had surgery on for hernia-in-hydra seal in which it was strangling the testicle. We cannot help but wonder if long term damage is starting to appear.



OK, back to BLOG stuff......NOTE on a few "personal" corrections:



If any one read the post on making a "Scott Dog" but did not read the comments here is a correction. The order of application of condiments is Mayo on the rolled side of bun, and excess wiped off on the flat side of bun (personally I hold the bun with the rolled side to the left). Second is placing in the hot dog, followed by application of relish between the hot dog and the flat side of the bun. Here then you can apply the ketchup in "zig-zag" fashion and apply onion on top. HERE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP.....after application of all condiments, give the hot dog bun an ever so slight squeeze to bring it all together, and ENJOY!



The tomato cages are working out great. Bevy did not share what I originally 'told' her on how I got the cages. It was something like this. When she asked where I got them I explained "Well, I saw this person pulling out of their driveway, and could not help notice the garden in the back. So they pulled off, and I backed up and went into the garden and pulled the cages." Here mouth about hit the floor. I am always pulling something out to get a rise out of her. Honestly though, they were on the side of the street in someones trash. I corrected my story to her, to which I got the response I always get "Scott?!?!?!?!" (love ya babe)



I would like to touch on the grocery list making that we do. We do get regular "questions" about our list. Even from Bevy's post we have received comments and emails on our list. The briefest answer I can give as to why and how it works is this; by making a list we get a visual to what is occurring. We not only make list for groceries, but list for errands, chores, money/budget, and we even make a miscellaneous list every now and then. Here is why, as great of function the brain is, it still can only process one thing at a time (consciously). While it is VERY fast in this processing ability, it is still one thing at a time. By making list we have a visual and by this we are less likely to forget. Example, go to the store without a list and get home and realize "Oh, I wanted to get.........", with the list we can also agree on things. If we know something is needed, but feel we can go without it until another time we can move it to another list for later (like a misc. list). If there is something that was not budgeted for and something comes up that does not meet our "emergency funds" withdrawal, we have the budget list to sit and discuss, "OK what are we willing to trade off the budget in order to do or acquire something that has come up?" So, it is a true blessing that I am a list type of guy and Bevy is a list type gal. So hand in hand "we list".



We'll now that I have totally bored you to tears (hope not, honestly)...I want to throw a shout out to all to keep an eye out for "Bags by Bevy". She just came in with more material and is talking to me now, as I type, about some 'bag' issues. I hope you have enjoyed my ramblings and we look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to drop a comment. May God keep you and yours; until next time. God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Scott, you will be in my prayers. I am so thankful cancer is ruled out, now on to finding the real problem. So funny about the tomato cages...a sense of humour goes a long way in a marriage! And the grocery lists, I would be lost without mine, great ideas! I hope you and your family have a beautiful Sunday! Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to comment on the hot dog condiments - MAYO! YIPEE! You go, man! I love mayo on my hot dog and have even passed this culinary must onto my children. Most people, however, think I'm nuts because they simply do NOT put mayo on their hot dogs here in TN. Is it a PA thing? I don't know but I just don't know how anyone can eat a hotdog withOUT mayo! Go, my brother!
    Praying for your health... Our God is good all the time and holds you in the palm of His loving hand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! You're visits always mean so much...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...