Quiet and common notions...shared here...with you! Of life ~ our hearts and our home.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Postcards from God

. . . . . . . .

Earlier this week we received two postcards from Grandma Susie.  She has been visiting with her sister and brother-in-law (who live out-of-state) and they all went on a road trip (also, out-of-state) - due north.  We'll leave it at that, except to say - I am / was jealous. 

I would L*O*V*E a road trip in my near future. :)

Anyway.



We were blessed to receive these two postcards.  Not a lot said, but just enough to let us know we were in her thoughts and she wanted us to know... what she's been up to. ;)


*** ** ***

Well, I was having a rough week so to speak.  You've had those days, too, I'm sure.

Nothing seemed to go right.  I was always "on my last nerve" with the children.  I didn't get to do all that I wanted to do.  Plans got changed - often at last minute.  Lots of Inconveniences...

But, between Friday and Saturday... I kept getting these beautiful, encouraging postcards from God.  The kind that make you stop and smile...knowing you matter.

Like this:

One came in the mere random phone call - from Maude, calling to say she would like to "come on over" just to chat.  She had a gift for me.  Something that she made... and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!  



Another was a word of encouragement from a new MOPS friend/woman who was a patient at the hospital where I worked, as a CNA, years ago... she remembered me (on that particular day) being an especially bright spot to her day.

Another friend thanked me for being such an inspiration, on my blog, (she reads it quite often) and I had no idea because she's never let me know - before.

Another acquaintance/neighbor - got in touch with me after two years of a misunderstanding- explaining the complete fluke for what it was... and is hopeful for a reconnection.  I'm left amazed and humbled how the Lord worked this one out.  You can be praying for the continued resolve to this one...

Also, I was praying all week for another Bags by Bevy sale (long story, that I won't go into right now) and the Lord provided that answer earlier in the week and I didn't even realize it.  So, the sale is pending until the customer is back from vacation.
God answered - I just wasn't paying attention.  Lesson learned on this one.

There were a few others, as well... all very, very special.


: : The point being that God really does want to encourage us when we least expect it.  Look for them... those postcards can come in view at any time - if we're paying attention.  They might not say a lot - but are full of assurance that we're daily on his mind and here's what he's up to - in our lives. ;)

*** ** ***


And the winner for the giveaway:  Coming Home - gooseberry patch cookbook, Pumpkin Bread and a little somethin', somethin' from Bags by Bevy in the form of a Pocket Pouch (which I've named:  "Postcard from home")....

Part of Giveaway.  Not for Sale.


drum roll, please...
goes to...

Amanda - from Homegrown and Beeyoutiful

Congratulations! Amanda - I'll need you to email me your mailing address so that I can get these items out to you as soon as I can.  Thanks for joining in - and for all of your encouraging comments on a regular basis-  giveaway or not.

I suppose in a way, I could say you (Amanda) have often been used as a postcard from God, too - whether you realized it or not.  Thank you so much.  It's been nice getting to know you better through blogging. ;)

4 comments:

  1. That is such a great post, Bevy. God reaches out to us in so many ways if we just pay attention!
    Congratulations to Amanda!
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {blushing} what kind and lovely words this morning Bevy.
    I must say that on many occasions I have visited here, I have recieved a post card from God...
    Our new found blogging friendship is a blessing to me.

    Thank you so much for allowing your readers the chance at these wonderful gifts.

    Your blog is the first spot I come to with my cup of coffee in the morning...one of the few women who commits to blogging every day in order to give to others.

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being you, dear Bevy! I love your reminders to watch for God's little personal messages.
    Enjoy the beautiful day!
    Congratulations Amanda~~enjoy your gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Bevy, so sorry to hear you had a rough week. It is wonderful to have people who love us give us those bright spots of love and hope when we are going through a rough patch. I'm praying this one goes a bit smoother for you.

    So happy Amanda won! I love her blog, too.

    I love you, friend! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by, today! What do you think? I'd love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...